INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Crowdfind collects and uses your personal information in several ways:
- Direct Marketing. crowdfind does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Location Information. crowdfind is designed to help you find items you have lost or return items you have found, and we use your location information (e.g., by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide functionality for our Services. If a person near you also uses our Services, their personal information may be displayed on your mobile device, such as their name, approximate location and anything else they share. Please keep in mind that other users can see this information about you and may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities outside of our control and without your knowledge. The information you publicly share may be subject to abuse, misuse and monitoring by others and you share this information at your own risk.
- Services Usage. crowdfind, or crowdfind authorized service providers, may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address, location information, mobile platform, mobile device, browser type) relating to your use of the Services. While we may collect or log this information, we generally do not identify you or match this information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose website technical problems, to facilitate your use of the Services, or to track aggregate usage within or across the Services.
- Social Network Profiles. You may also choose to connect our Services to your other social network profiles, such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to connect any additional profiles, we may at times use your check-in data and your post information to identify your location.
- Online Transactions. If we offer you the opportunity to purchase products or services online and you choose to purchase such products or services, you may be asked to share personal information in addition to the information provided to create a user account in order to complete a transaction. In addition, you may be asked for information needed to complete your order, contact you to confirm the order, and provide related customer service. This information is used, for example, to effect your transactions, to create and share aggregate reports about these transactions, and to perform credit fraud screening services for transactions between you and crowdfind and/or our authorized service providers.
- Public and Shared Areas. Any information and other content (such as written works, pictures or videos) disclosed in public areas of the Services will become public information. We cannot control the use of information and other content disclosed in public forums, such as social networking sites, bulletin boards, news groups, communication facilities and chat rooms, nor can we control information and other content disclosed through shared sites or pages. You should exercise caution when disclosing information and other content in public or shared areas and should refrain from disclosing your personal information. Please remember that any information or other content that is disclosed in these areas, including your name, becomes available to others and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- CROWDFIND WILL TREAT ANY MESSAGE BOARD POSTINGS, FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR REAL NAME, YOUR NAME WILL BE AVAILABLE TO AND VIEWABLE BY ANYONE USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND/OR USING A SEARCH ENGINE.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Certain Third Party Transactions. crowdfind may work with some authorized service providers to provide certain services, such as technical and customer support. Where practical, crowdfind will require these service providers to safeguard personal information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to crowdfind, these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. crowdfind generally limits their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared. crowdfind may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Bankruptcy. If crowdfind should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if crowdfind should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, crowdfind may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is crowdfind’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. crowdfind may be required to disclose your personal information if it: (a) believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (b) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (c) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property; or (d) is necessary protect the interest of other users of our Services.
- crowdfind does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, you should not attempt to register for the Services or send information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or through our services. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of the Services without verification of parental consent, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child or such consent has not been verified, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties. If you believe that crowdfind may have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. crowdfind is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained among the Services.
- You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cashed or archived pages or if other users who you permitted to access your information have copied or stored your information.
- If crowdfind learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. crowdfind may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the website. crowdfind may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at 4949 Forest Avenue, Floor 1, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
- The Services are hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When you provide personal data to crowdfind or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the Services are operated in the United States.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
- When you provide crowdfind with personal information, if you allow us, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing. crowdfind seeks your consent to receive marketing communications from us when you provide your personal information.
- Generally, when we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications. To request that we remove your personally identifiable information from our database or to “opt-out” of any further e-mail or contact, send a request to email@example.com. crowdfind will make a good faith effort to comply with such written request within thirty days of receipt of the request.
CONTACTING CROWDFIND, INC.
Postal Mail Address:
4949 Forest Avenue, Floor 1
Effective Date: February 11, 2013