If you are visiting from a country governed by the European Union’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) standards, please carefully read the following information:
On May 25, 2018, new laws governing the processing and management of personal data for citizens of the European Union went into effect. These laws require Crowdfind, Inc. to comply with your request to review the personal data we hold and dictate that we must delete you from our database if you request us to do so. If you would like to review your personal data or have your data removed, have any questions on the data we collect or how we use that data, please send an email to email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Crowdfind collects and uses the information you provide to us or that we learn
may need to share your personal information, we provide you with the
information you need to make informed choices.
Crowdfind collects and uses your personal information in several ways:
- Direct Marketing. Crowdfind does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Location Information. Crowdfind is designed to help you find items you have lost or return items you have found, and we may use your location information (e.g., by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide
functionality for our Services.
- Services Usage. Crowdfind, or Crowdfind authorized service providers, may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of the Services. While we may collect or log this information, we do not identify you or match this information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose website technical problems, to facilitate your use of the Services, or to track aggregate usage within or across the Services.
- Online Transactions. If choosing to have your item shipped to you, you may be asked for information needed to complete your order, contact you
to confirm the order, and provide related customer service-related information. This information is used, for example, to affect your transactions, to create and share aggregate reports about these transactions, and to perform credit fraud screening services for transactions between you and Crowdfind and/or our authorized service providers.
CROWDFIND WILL TREAT ANY FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Certain Third-Party Transactions. Crowdfind may work with some authorized service providers to provide certain services, such as technical and customer support. Crowdfind will require these service providers to safeguard personal information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Crowdfind, these third parties may have access to or process your personal information (ex. name, email address, details you’ve provided in your claim). Crowdfind limits their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Bankruptcy. If Crowdfind should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Crowdfind should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, Crowdfind may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is Crowdfind’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. Crowdfind may be required to disclose your personal information if it: (a) believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (b) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (c) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property; or (d) is necessary protect the interest of other users of our Services.
Crowdfind does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, you should not attempt to register for the Services or send information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or through our services. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of the Services without verification of parental consent, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child or such consent has not been verified, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties. If you believe that Crowdfind may have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. Crowdfind is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained among the Services.
If Crowdfind learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. Crowdfind may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the website. Crowdfind may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Depending on where you live, EU users will be notified in compliance with GDPR standards, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive no-cost written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at:
c/o Security Breach
3636 South Iron St.
Chicago IL 60609.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
When you provide Crowdfind with personal information, if you allow us, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing. Crowdfind seeks your consent to receive marketing communications from us when you provide your personal information.
When we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications. To request that we remove your personally identifiable information from our database or to “opt-out” of any further e-mail or contact, send a request to email@example.com. Crowdfind will make a good faith effort to comply with such written request within thirty days of receipt of the request. (unless you are in the EU and governed by GDPR, in which case we will comply within stated standard time frames).
CONTACTING CROWDFIND, INC.
Postal Mail Address:
3636 South Iron St.
Chicago, IL 60609
All correspondence received becomes property of Crowdfind and will not be returned. Please make copies of your correspondence prior to sending for your own records. Crowdfind is not liable for lost, stolen or misplaced mail. In the event that we are still unable to resolve your concerns, Crowdfind is committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns.
Effective Date: May 24, 2018